What you need to know
Will you require a room set up change, or will you take the space “AS IS”? If “as is”, you just need to wait to hear from your CSMS coordinator to confirm the reservation. If not, please determine the following information, and contact your CSMS coordinator via email to provide the information necessary to create a diagram of the space you desire.
- Type of program you are having (i.e. lecture, banquet, class).
- How do you need your room set up?
Theatre style, classroom style, banquet, conference, U-shape, hollow rectangle, reception, other?
- How many tables, how many chairs?
- Do you need a registration table, awards table, display tables, buffet /food tables, tables for your guests to sit, head table?
- Do you need extra seating (beyond the guest count)?
- Do you need an area for dancing and/or a dance floor rented?
- Do you need a tent?
- For Tents – remember to ask your coordinator to file a “mark out” request and coordinate the grass cutting.
- Are you planning on decorating any of the rooms, tables, hanging banners, etc.?
- Will you be ordering food?
NOTE: YOU MUST ORDER TABLES FOR THE FOOD unless you are using existing tables in the room you are using.
- Do you need a coatrack?
- Do you need a stage?
- All set up requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of the date of the event.
- There is no charge for tables and chairs on campus, as long as they are ordered two weeks in advance, and we have them in stock. Rental fees will be applied to the contract if there is a need to rent equipment.
- When speaking or emailing with your CSMS Coordinator, please remember to refer to the confirmation reference number which you will receive when you request your space.
- The Brower Student Center has several multi-purpose conference rooms that can be set up in a variety of ways.
View Descriptions of Brower Student Center Conference Rooms